In the event of a power loss, how will the K2 refrigerator or freezer maintain power?
K2 refrigerators DO NOT maintain temperature in the event of a power failure. There is no internal power supply that can run the cooling system.
The unit will progressively warm up. The amount of time the unit will stay cool depends upon:
1. How long the power is out
2. The amount of payload inside the unit - a near-empty unit will warm more quickly
3. The ambient room temperature
4. The number of door openings after power loss
If you want to ensure that you will be notified during a power outage, we suggest using a data logger to send notifications of temperature excursions. Shop for data loggers at k2sci.com
For continuous power, please research UPS systems and give your sales representative the specifications of your K2 unit. Our team can assist you with the design of an appropriate battery backup system.
When designing the system, you will need:
1. The power specifications for the unit being backed up
2. The number of hours you want the unit to run on battery power
3. The electrical plug configuration
Need additional help with battery backup planning? Start an online chat or service ticket with a K2 Team Member now.