Instructions on switching the door on K2 High Value Performance units.
You will need a #2 Phillips screwdriver or drill bit and a 10mm socket
ACCESS THE HINGES AND REMOVE THE DOOR:
Place the under-counter unit on a table and consider elevating the K210 for easier access.
- Remove two screws on the back of the top cover and slide it forward to expose the top hinge.
- Tilt the unit back far enough to access the screws holding the kick plate. Remove the kick plate.
- Remove the set screw holding the door on the hinge.
- Remove the three bottom hinge screws and place the door to the side.
- Swap the top hinge with the cover plate. Flip the hinge. Leave hinge bolts loose.
PREPARE THE DOOR:
- Swap the bottom hinge spring with the top hinge plate.
- Attach the bottom hinge with the set screw. It should be slightly crooked to allow spring tension.
- Slide the top hinge plate onto the top hinge.
- Attach the bottom hinge.
- Make sure the door is aligned with a solid fit on the gasket. Tighten the top hinge bolts.
- Replace the kick plate and cover.
If you are purchasing a new unit, did you know we can handle the door swap for you? Ask your sales representative for a quote, and for a small price to cover our labor, we can save you the hassle and swap your door before it ships. Start a chat online now for more details.